In 2014, the same year the ICDA held its last conference in India, Prime Minister Modi had this to say about his vision for business opportunities in India:
“No red tape but red carpet”.
Since then, what developments have taken place and have economic promises been fulfilled?
- What are the prospects for India in these times of trade wars, stronger environmental pressure and race for technological innovation?
- Chromium being a choice element for sustainable and innovative applications, what role is there for chromium-containing materials in the future?
- What is the current state of the Indian chrome industry and related sectors?
- How strong is the domestic demand and what are the challenges faced locally?
- What is the future of India’s Cr and FeCr industry in terms of investments and capacity development?
As the 3rd largest chrome ore producer, with more than 4,2 million tonnes produced in 2018, and the 4th largest ferrochrome producer with about 1,3 million tonnes produced in 2018, India is a major player in our industry.
In addition to answers provided by Indian chrome industry cross-views, the conference will give you the most recent global industry update and trends to help you understand the Indian market in a global context.
Chromium 2019 will provide you with a wealth of information and networking opportunities, closing the 35th anniversary of the ICDA and marking the beginning of a new chapter that we will write together.